Monday, November 28, 2005

6th grade graduation class 1963 Fordyce Elementary School

This is the class photograph on graduation day for the 6th grade class at Fordyce Elementary School, Fordyce, Arkansas, in 1963. I (Sheila Witherington) am on the front row fifth from the right. I had just moved to Fordyce the previous February, from Chateauroux, France, and living in Arkansas was quite different. But I made long-lasting friends. Some of us girls get together quite often and have remained very good friends through the years. It is wonderful to have that sort of lasting connection with your past. I remember this graduation day vividly. After graduation, we had a class picnic at Ann Anthony's house. I haven't seen Ann in many years.

My thoughts for today.

Sheila Witherington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home