Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fordyce Redbugs in Fordyce, Arkansas

Hey, Fordyce Redbugs. My name is Sheila Witherington, and I graduated from Fordyce High School, Fordyce, Arkansas, in 1969. There is not much on the internet about Fordyce or the Fordyce Redbugs, and I decided we need to change that. My sister, Janis Hopper (Witherington), was in the class of 1966. My brother, Max Witherington, was in the class of 1975. My mother, Sue Witherington (who now prefers to be called Audrey), is 84 years old, and she spent much of her life in the Fordyce area. I have not lived or worked in Fordyce in more than 20 years, but I still have many friends, relatives, and acquaintances from there and like to stay in touch. I would love to find and get the stories of as many Fordyce Redbug folks as possible. Once a Redbug, always a Redbug. How about giving a post?

My thoughts for today.
Sheila Witherington

4 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking for a man named Jimmy Slaughter(or a phonetic likeness) who lived in Fordyce, Arkansas in 1994. He worked and knew a man named Gary Frix, who had a wife named Maria and four children at the time. Anyone who may know him or what happened to him please e-mail me at triggerandthebunny@yahoo.com
I would greatly appreciate any information. Sincerely, A native Redbug.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Nita said...

I am assisting a friend who is researching a signature quilt that was created in Fordyce in the '20's or '30s. We are trying to determine what brought 100+ folks together to sign this quilt. Names include Kilgore, Bryant, Bowe, Hickey, Wright, Dedman, Daniels, Graham, plus many, many more. Doctors and Mrs XX Surname. Young and old. Any information or leads would be very appreciated. Thank you! nita_stull@yahoo.com

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous triggerandthebunny said...

Still searching for anyone in the Slaughter family who knows a man who went by the name of Jimmy. Does anyone know if this Linda (slaughter) Daniels was related to this man? Any information would be sincerely appreciated. triggerandthebunny@yahoo/msn.com

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Hope Amason said...

Sheila, My name is Hope Amason and I am a redbug too. I just found your blog while trying to locate the Web site for the city of Fordyce. I live in Fayetteville and I am looking forward to a weekend back home to experience Cottonbelt once again before I move too far away. I also lament the fact that there seems to be no more city Web site. Perhaps you could try KBJT--the radio station. They don't have streaming audio but you can still hear the latest news, Particularly during football season I have found this site very informative. Here's the url: http://www.kbjtkq.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home